Saturday, November 5, 2016

Fear..

We all have fear, some of us anxiety, more so than others, we feel lost, and don't know how to handle it or where to turn to. Trust me, I'm there, and yes it's the worst feeling in the world! It drains you mentally, emotionally, and physically if you let it. We as Christians have to remember where we stand, and that's with God.
Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."  I'll be honest with ya, I didn't know this verse existed until tonight! It already makes me feel better, knowing God is reassuring me that He is with me, and you too, and that He is reminding me that He is my God, he will strengthen me, and you if you ask, help us, and lead us. IF we let Him, that's usually the problem though, we won't let Him because of fear, there's that word again, of the unknown.
That's where faith comes in! I'm talking to myself just as much as I am you guys. When we let fear take over, it stops us from doing a lot that we should do or that we want to do, and that's where we mess up. Especially if it's something that God wants you to do and you question it, just because of fear of the unknown. Not knowing can cause us, well me at least, to become impatient, then we, or I, try to take things into my own hands and that's where things go nuts!
Psalm 34:4 " I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." This verse tells me to seek the Lord and that He will hear me when I call out, and if I truly give it all to Him, He will deliver me of all my fears! He can you too, He's not just speaking to me tonight folks, He's speaking to you as well. Trust Him, don't be afraid to let Him lead the way, that's how it's supposed to be. He knows the future, we don't and if we try to take control, all we are going to do is cause havoc for ourselves!
I used this verse last night, yet, it won't leave my brain, so maybe God is trying to tell me something. Haha 1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." Love is not fear, love shoves away fear, fear is torture, and torture is not God. God wants us to be happy, and to trust Him and give Him all of our problems so that we can put our faith in Him and do the work that He has called us out to do! Yes, it's HARD, but like I've said before, who said being a Christian and doing God's work was easy, it's not. Was Jesus' job easy? No, but He made it a little easier on us, but we still have work to do every day all day.
Pray every day, talk to God every day, it'll help. I know, I used to have this amazing habit of doing so, and a lot of the time, I didn't worry about what was going to happen or where I was going to land because I put it all in God's hands.
Here, I'm going to challenge you, and myself, give it to God, give it to Him and don't look back, trust Him fully with it and don't second guess it and don't try to take over! I hope this helped you a little bit, because just writing this and seeing what God is showing me through this has really helped, so I hope that it helps you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment