Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Coming Closer to God..

Ok, sorry that I haven't been on posting guys, I've had some personal family stuff going on that I can't control. Anyways, during these past few days, I have seen how much I truly call upon God when I need Him the most. Which is close to none, I keep throwing out excuses saying well I can't even think straight, but I can think well enough to cry to my mom or my best friend. That's stopping, today.

We ALL go through trials and tests, well let me tell you, this is a huge trial and test for me. I know it's to see if I will call upon God like He wants me to. Instead of depending on my husband, like I do, God is wanting me to depend on Him and to draw me closer to Him. So, let's look at some scripture about coming closer to God.
Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Trust the Lord, with everything you have, not just bits and pieces of it, don't depend on the material things in your life, that would include other people, because people don't last forever, whereas the Lord is eternal. He wants us to depend on Him and not ourselves.
Deuteronomy 5:33 " Ye shall walk in all the ways which the Lord your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess." Walk with the Lord, like he wants you to, meaning call on Him and depend on Him, let Him lead, guide and direct you instead of others. Things are easier when you depend on God than if you try to do it alone, and without God, you are alone.
Pray about your decisions instead of just acting rationally, because you may make decision that will tear your whole world apart in a bad way if it's not in God's will. You could lose your family, your friends, and everything else that you cared about because of a decision that is not of God. So pray about it, wait on His answer, and if you're unsure if it's God telling you what to do, look it up scripturally, and see if it lines up and if it doesn't then it's not of God and it's not God answering you.
Patience, that's a big factor, a lot of times when we are in a situation where we are literally broken and freaking out we want an answer now, not later, but maybe it's not time for that answer. God will never give us more than we can handle, and trust me sometimes I look up and go ok Lord, how much more are you going to give me haha but a lot of times it's our decisions that cause this! Nothing bad that happens to you is God's fault. You have your own free will that He gave to us, so you can't blame your actions on God.
If you're married and going through a tough time, take your spouse by the hand and pray together, constantly pray for one another, and pray for whatever troubles you're having. If you're in a situation, like me, where your husband is unavailable, then fall on your face and pray, ask God what HE wants you to do and where to go. God will NEVER steer you in the wrong direction! He loves you and wants to protect you and has your best interest at heart, more so than anyone else that you know and will know.
Remember, Jesus died on the cross for you! Nobody will ever be able to love you more than Him because we, as humans, can never love like our Lord and Savior does!


A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

2 comments: