Sunday, November 13, 2016

Church!

So, I was finally able to go back to church today, after a month of not being able to go there for reasons I will not say. It was so nice! My kids had so much fun and the message was great! I didn't realize how much I missed it until today! Have you ever had to miss church and go crazy because of it? It's a pain in the rear right?! Why don't we look at some verses about church?

Acts 20:08 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." This verse tells us to watch out for not only ourselves but for all the others of the church, we are to look out for one another and to help one another grow as Christians. There are many wolves in sheep's clothing, and we need to help protect each other, because Jesus purchased us and the church with His shed blood, He died for the church and really everyone else in the world.
Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." This has to be one of my favorite verses, when we do lady's bible study sometimes we get discouraged when it's just me and my mom or me, my mom and one other lady, but here it tells us that when two or more, it doesn't have to be three, God is there with us. Yes He's always with us, but He is there moving through each of us. You're thinking, well He does that when I'm alone, yes, but when there is more than one it makes the experience so much better because the message is more powerful than what it would be if you were by yourself.
1 Corinthians 1:9 "God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord." When we fellowship and go to church regularly like we're supposed to, God is faithful to us and He blesses us, because we are making that effort as His child or children to do what we are supposed to as Christians. Think of it this way, when your child is putting in their best effort and doing what they're supposed to, do you not reward them? Whether it's something small or something big, they eat up that praise and that reward.. That's how God is with us too! We are His children and He loves to bless us, we just have to make that effort, and trust me if you go to church on a regular bases, yes you will constantly be convicted of something, but, you'll also be blessed with the message that God laid on someone's heart or that you take to heart.
Church has helped me get through so much, and if you're going to a church that teaches the word of  God, it'll help you too! I don't know about you but I wouldn't change my church for anything, and now that I can go again, I won't let anything stop me again! If you're not in church, I encourage you to go visit find one that you just fall in love with, go for a while and then become a member, besides accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, it'll be the best decision you ever make!

No comments:

Post a Comment